Monday, November 17, 2008

Beating Line Moves -- Why You are Getting Paid by Subscribing

I’ve been posting my plays against the opening lines for 5 years online. It was probably in the second year when I realized that I was consistently beating the line moves. This has continued to be the case. Two years ago I documented for almost the entire season how I consistently beat the line moves. I did so by posting my projections of which way I thought the lines would move when they were first released and then keeping a point tally for and against (and boy did I ever come out miles ahead, lol). I think it’s fair to say (and logical) that my computer based handicapping is giving me similar opening lines to what the sharps and syndicates are also coming up with. They’re the ones betting enough money on the games early in the week to get the lines to move. At thepredictiontracker.com, which I joined at the halfway point last season, I ended up as the second most accurate linesmaker amongst 60 or so competitors for the second half. This year I’m in first or second in the 4 major categories again versus another large field of linesmakers (though I’m not sure how this past week’s 7-7 record versus the sides will affect my standings, as the site hasn’t been updated yet).

Let’s take a look at week #7 alone at the number of points I’ve already saved on line moves (based on internet forum posted plays I’ve made) and put a dollar amount on that for a 100$ a game bettor.

MY PLAY – CURRENT LINE (All Lines from BookMaker) – SAVINGS

TEN -7__TEN -8__+1
TEN/KC Over 35__35__0
BAL/MIA Over 34.5__36.5__+2
NO +3__+3__0
NO/CAR Over 44__44.5__+0.5
NYJ/OAK Under 43__42.5__+0.5
IND/GB Under 48__47__+1
MIN +3__+3__0
DEN +3.5__+3__+0.5
DEN/NE Over 46__46.5__+0.5
DAL/STL Under 44__44__0

That’s a grand total of 6 points saved versus line movements with only 12 games on the board. Most of those line savings occurred within the first day of the lines being released.

The standard rate for buying points is 10% for a half point, and as high as 25% for getting on or off of the most key number, 3. A hundred dollar a game player following my early plays has already saved 120$ versus the currently available lines. That’s counting only a 10% savings for the half point on the Denver play with the juice moving against me on the MIN play and for me on the NO play. The hundred dollar player paid me 15$ for the week and has already profited 105$ in line savings. By doing the math, you can see that even a small 25$ a game bettor would have profited this week already versus line moves after factoring in a 15$ subscription to my service. And it’s not like you’re profiting on line savings only to lose the plays, lol. I’ve been a solid + Units winner every year online, including being up almost 50 average sized bets this year already.

***THE FINAL TALLY OF POINTS SAVED VERSUS LINE MOVES WAS 19.5, WHICH EQUALS A SAVINGS OF NEAR 370$ FOR THE HUNDRED DOLLAR PLAYER***

No comments: